January 16 – We check out a few of the prime LCU athletic moments through the years from January 16. Pictured is Tree Wharton, who set the Chaps program single-game document for blocks (9) in 1979 on this date.
- Kevin “Tree” Wharton set this system’s single-game document for blocks, stopping 9 photographs whereas additionally knocking down 13 rebounds and scoring eight factors. The efficiency helped Lubbock Christian beat Tarleton State 71-58 in 1979.
- Again-to-back three-pointers by Benton Buckley gave LCU the lead for good with 8:18 left within the first half because the Chaparrals took down John Brown 75-62 in 1997.
- Brandon Jones scored 23 factors and grabbed a team-high seven rebounds in 2003, main Lubbock Christian beat Southern Nazarene 75-65 in 2003.
- LCU nailed eight first half three-pointers to construct an early 27-10 lead en path to a 69-56 win over the College of Science & Arts of Oklahoma in 2010.
- Anthony Brancato and A.J. Luckey went a mixed 11-of-13 from the free throw line within the closing minutes, and Eli Baker matched his season-highs with 21 factors and 13 rebounds in a 79-71 victory over St. Edward’s in 2014.
- In a sport that featured six lead adjustments and eight ties, Lubbock Christian restricted Japanese New Mexico to only one made discipline aim within the remaining seven and a half minutes in a 62-60 win one 12 months in the past.
- Parker Hicks led the best way, scoring a career-high 29 factors whereas knocking down eight rebounds, and LCU received a 2021 Lone Star Convention West Division battle over Angelo State 69-66. The win gave LCU their first 6-0 begin since 2000-01.
- LCU went on the street to Alpine, Texas in 1995 and claimed an 82-64 victory over Sul Ross State.
- The Woman Chaps shook off a 27.8% taking pictures share within the opening of play, taking pictures 60% (15/25) within the second half, to prime John Brown 63-45 to win a Sooner Athletic Convention contest inside LCU Fieldhouse. The Woman Chaps outscored JBU 38-22 within the 1996-97 assembly. Beth Capps led LCU with 27 factors, and the win prolonged the Woman Chaps win streak to 12 video games.
- LCU benefited off a 19-4 benefit in second-chance factors and a 30-10 free-throw try benefit to defeat Science & Arts (Okla.) 63-54 in 2009-10 Sooner Athletic Convention motion at USAO Fieldhouse (Chickasha, Okla.) Brittany Roberts (Hampton) produced all of her team-high 13 factors within the second half.
- Saint Edward’s rallied from an 11-point second half deficit, however Nicole Hampton’s double-double of twenty-two factors and 13 rebounds helped LCU survive 81-75 in additional time motion of a Heartland Convention contest in Austin, Texas. The win was the twelfth consecutive victory within the 2013-14 season.
- In 2015, Nicole Hampton provided 20 factors and Kellyn Schneider registered her first double-double (11 rebounds, 10 factors) of the season to steer No.2/4 Lubbock Christian to a 73-50 win over Arkansas – Fort Smith at a offered out Stubblefield Heart (Fort Smith, Ark.).
- No.3 Lubbock Christian College related on 11 three-pointers within the opening half and used a 17-0 run within the first quarter to sprint previous Angelo State 77-46 for a Lone Star Convention West Division victory inside Rip Griffin Heart.