It occurred Monday night time within the 4800 block of Avenue G.
Kevin Ayala, his spouse and their 4-year-old son had been inside, determined to remain heat.
“The home was actually chilly,” pal Edan Perez mentioned.
So Ayala had an thought, a method for him and his household to outlive within the freezing temperatures.
“To maintain the home heat, he put that generator contained in the kitchen,” Perez mentioned.
They could not odor something or see something and did not even notice there was an issue.
However the home rapidly crammed with carbon monoxide.
About an hour after connecting the generator, his spouse Katherin Eadilla mentioned they began to really feel drained and went to sleep.
A pal occurred to cease by and located them handed out.
“It was a nasty scenario,” Perez mentioned. “It was dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.”
Ayala’s spouse and son had been rushed to the hospital and recovered.
However Ayala – a development employee and an immigrant from Honduras who got here to Fort Value searching for the American dream — did not make it.
“He was a really pleasant particular person,” his spouse mentioned. “An excellent particular person and a tough employee.”
“It is unhappy as a result of he was solely 23 years outdated and he handed away,” his cousin Pamela Segovia mentioned. “However we simply have to remain sturdy and be right here for our household.”
His household hopes his loss of life serves as a lesson for everybody in regards to the risks of carbon monoxide.
“That is a mistake, actually a mistake,” Perez mentioned.
Even in case you’re determined to remain heat, they mentioned, do not take any probabilities.
“That is what occurred with my pal,” Perez mentioned. “He tried to maintain his household heat, and that is what occurred.”
Ayala leaves his son and spouse, who’s pregnant with their second baby.