New Delhi/India — India’s coronavirus instances hit a file peak for a fifth day on Monday as international locations together with Britain, Germany and america pledged to ship pressing medical help to assist sort out the disaster overwhelming its hospitals.
* A prime European Union official mentioned Individuals who’ve been vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19 ought to be capable of journey to Europe by summer time, easing current journey restrictions.
* France reported an increase within the variety of sufferers with COVID-19 in hospital intensive care items as President Emmanuel Macron’s authorities seeks indicators of an finish to the nation’s third wave of infections.
* Germany’s coronavirus an infection fee rose on the weekend regardless of stricter restrictions and Finance Minister Olaf Scholz mentioned he didn’t anticipate strikes to ease curbs earlier than the tip of Might.
* The primary case of the Indian variant of COVID-19 has been confirmed in Switzerland, the Federal Workplace for Public Well being mentioned, as different international locations introduce journey bans to comprise its unfold.
* The UK has reached one other COVID-19 vaccination milestone with over half of the inhabitants having had at the least one injection, well being secretary Matt Hancock mentioned.
* Kids attending summer time camp can get inside 3 ft of one another however ought to put on masks to restrict the unfold of COVID-19, in accordance with recent steering issued by the U.S. CDC.
* Canada’s well being division mentioned the 1.5 million doses of the Astrazeneca COVID-19 vaccine imported from Emergent BioSolutions’ Baltimore facility had been protected and met high quality specs.
* Mexico’s prime diplomat travelled to Moscow for a go to with Russian officers, amid talks to hammer out plans for Mexico to bottle Russia’s Sputnik V COVID-19 vaccine domestically after delays in shipments.
* A protracted delayed journey bubble between Hong Kong and Singapore will start on Might 26, the 2 cities mentioned, as they moved to re-establish abroad journey hyperlinks and raise the hurdle of quarantine for visiting foreigners.
* Malaysian well being authorities mentioned the vaccine developed by Astrazeneca is protected to be used, three days after the Southeast Asian nation acquired its first batch of the photographs purchased by means of the COVAX facility.
* Thai authorities are stepping up journey restrictions and different measures to fight a quickly spreading third wave of COVID-19 infections because the nation logged 11 deaths on Sunday, a day by day file.
* Western Australia’s worldwide arrivals cap for the following month shall be halved, officers mentioned, because the state is battling a coronavirus outbreak that compelled greater than two million folks right into a three-day lockdown from Saturday.
* The Japanese authorities is planning to open giant vaccination centres in Tokyo and Osaka within the coming weeks in a bid to hurry up its inoculation drive.
* Cambodia closed all markets within the capital Phnom Penh to comprise a surge in coronavirus infections and hundreds of households pleaded to the federal government for meals as a two-week lockdown continued.