CHESAPEAKE, Va. — A household is staying with associates and kin after a fireplace broke out of their Chesapeake residence on Wednesday night.
The Chesapeake Fireplace Division says crews had been referred to as to the 1600 block of Jolliff Street shortly earlier than 7 p.m. That is within the Bowers Hill part of town.
Firefighters arrived to search out heavy smoke coming from the roof of a one-story home. They had been capable of convey it underneath management inside 25 minutes, limiting the fireplace to a room over the storage and attic.
All occupants — two adults, two kids, and a canine — made it out safely.
The reason for the fireplace is presently underneath investigation.